Order of Service
In this time of uncertainty, with so much financial stress, if you can give extra please do:
You may also email our treasurer Phil at email@example.com to give to our love fund. Last year we were able to support families at grassroots with micro-gifts totalling over $6,000.
Stay tuned for more info about our service and care response to COVID-19.
Grade 5 & 6 Resource
Imagine you were one of Jesus’ disciples. You listened many times to
Him talking of His kingdom. Then you watched Him die and saw his
body placed in a tomb. How would that make you feel? Would you still
believe that what He had said was true? Maybe you would doubt His
words and think He was simply an ordinary man. Until He appeared to
you. Alive! It may seem a bit unnerving to us in our natural way of
thinking but this was God’s Son so everything was different. Why do
you think His Resurrection was so important? Why wasn’t it enough
that He died for our sins? Think about what that means for you and the
entire world today.
In the video, they made a few important statements and questions for
us to ponder. When Jesus appeared to the 2 men walking, it was hard
for them to see Jesus for who He really was. This theme appears
through the entire book of Luke. “How could God’s royal power and
love be revealed through this man’s shameful execution? How could a
humble man become the king of the world through weakness and self-
sacrifice? It takes a transformation of your imagination to see it and
embrace Jesus’ Upside-Down Kingdom.” Talk with your parents about
these questions. You may not have answers but think about it. Does
the Upside-Down Kingdom concept make more sense to you now?
How can we live as part of this Kingdom today?
- YOUTH GROUP: If you want to jump in for ZOOM youth group on Monday nights, email our Youth Group Leader Isaac Veurink at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WED PRAYER: If you would like to join in for Wed night prayer at 7:39pm, click this link at 7:39 on Wed or shortly before to jump in
- HOME GROUPS: Stay tune to hear from your home group leader for more information about your group. If you would like to join in a home group, please email our home groups leader Carolyn Whatley at email@example.com
- BIBLE CAMP: If you’d like to join in our weekday Bible camps, click here at 1:00pm M-F for some dancing and a Bible story. This is geared for kids, but everybody is welcome.
- CARE AND SERVICE: If you are in need of any kind of support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org